In this last installment of What to Ask a Wedding Venue we’re going to look at Accommodations, Payments and Liability. You already have 36 questions from part 1 and part 2 on these topics; Venue Rental, Staffing and Coordination, Catering and Bar Service. By the end of this post you’ll have a comprehensive list of 45 questions that will help you make your wedding venue decision and help you navigate the agreed upon contract with the venue you have chosen. Without further ado, let’s start with Accommodations.
- Is there separate suites for the bridal party to get ready before our ceremony? This is particularly important if you both want to get ready at the venue before the ceremony.
- Is there overnight accommodation available on site? This will vary widely! Some venues won’t have accommodation at all, some will have a honeymoon suite or a few rooms available and some will be able to host your entire guest list.
- Do you have a list of local hotels? Often venues will have good relationships with local hotels and be able to send you in the right direction which takes me to the next question….
- Do you offer a bus or shuttle service? If they don’t, they should have recommendations for companies that will take care of your guest transportation. This is also a good question for your hotel. Are they are willing to transport your guests?
Payments and Liability
- What is the rental fee and what is included in that price? Clarity is always a good thing! Know what you are agreeing to up front.
- Is there a discount for booking an off season date or a non Saturday? Many venues offer off season (winter) rates or a discounted rate for a Friday or a Sunday wedding. If you really want to bargain try for a weekday. Alternatively there can also be a holiday rate for popular weekends ie. Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- What is the payment schedule? Every wedding venue does this differently, and it’s important to know from the start when your payments are due. There may also be separate contracts and schedules for the venue rental and catering agreement.
- What forms of payment do you accept? Is there an extra charge to pay via credit card?
- Do I need liability insurance for my wedding? If your venue requires this, it is very easy to procure. If you or your parents owns a home it is often covered under their home owners insurance.
We’ve made it to the end of our 45 questions to ask a wedding venue. You now have a good understanding of everything that goes into making your venue rental a success and you’re ready to move on to find other vendors that will make your day uniquely you. Happy Planning!
Cheers to Love,